ad1

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

My Doting Memories at FIC

-->

Wanted to write my transition experience but last week, I got call from one of my colleague, friend who was working together with me at FIC. He was inviting me for his marriage. I was discussing it with Padma online and she suddenly remembered about the prank which we played on him. I met few of the FICians when they were here at ITPL mall and Mahesh also reminded me of the same prank. They made it fresh memory on my mind and I felt like publishing it.

I still remember that I was working seriously on Cash Apps and Hemanth ran towards me with a cell phone. It was new cell phone acquired by one of our team member. He told me to talk to him like an Anglo-Indian with sweet voice & style. I don’t remember my NRI name. They had already fooled him with sms. He was impressed with it and called up on that number directly from ITPL mall during lunch hour. He never disclosed his affair to anyone and had always been hiding it while reading or replying those sms. FIC gang found me to be the best person to handle this prank. I told him that I was impressed by him and that I love him. I also fixed a date with him with some fake address. He was very happy and excited over the phone. Some how I made up the call and he believed me blindly for the Date. It was so funny and I couldn’t control my laugh after the call. I guess he would have visited the place or….I don’t know but yup he never discussed anything with FICians. After that particular meeting Date, we told him about the prank. He was embarrassed though he was pretending as if he never believed that Anglo-Indian girl. This was one such prank that no one can forget coz the entire team was included.

There was one more incident which I can never forget. It was a cool morning. Mamatha’s work-station was changed. She was supposed to return back her drawer’s key to Facility Department. But due to some reason, it wasn’t done. One of my team members had left his cell phone on the table and went cafeteria for break-fast. I took up that cell phone and hid it in that drawer without switching it off. I locked the drawer. Mamatha was reluctant to keep keys with her as she didn’t want to be part of it. When that guy realized about his cell phone, he hurried towards his bay and started searching it everywhere. Since, I had played pranks on him often; he felt that the cell phone would have been switched off. He went on asking everyone about it if they had taken the cell phone. Later, on advice of the then Team Leader, he gave missed call from the TL’s cell. He heard the ring and both of them started searching under the table, near the processor and behind the desktop. I kept enjoying the entire scenario. I kept on observing both of them for almost 2 hours searching for the cell phone. Atlast, he realized that the cell phone was in the drawer and they asked for the key. We told them that the keys were returned back. He went to the Facilities and got a duplicate key and also the register to show us the name of the person who was still processing the drawer keys.

Am sure, FICians can guess who these two guys are on whom the pranks were played.

No comments: